Wayfind supports nonprofits so they can focus on their mission. We connect nonprofits with volunteer attorneys who help them with their legal needs.
We offer three types of legal services for nonprofits.
- Direct legal services. Wayfind matches a volunteer lawyer with nonprofits to provide direct legal services on the nonprofits business legal needs. The lawyer will work directly with the nonprofit to meet the nonprofit’s business legal needs. For example, the lawyer may draft the articles of incorporation and bylaws and file those documents with the Washington Secretary of State to incorporate the nonprofit. Potential clients must submit an application form and pay a $100 application fee. All legal services are free beyond the application fee.
- Nonprofit Health Check-Up. This is a two-hour consultation with a lawyer to review Wayfind’s Nonprofit Legal Checklist with nonprofit staff. The nonprofit will come out of the Nonprofit Health Check-Up with a nonprofit governance and compliance “To Do List.” Wayfind charges a $50 fee for the Nonprofit Health Check-Up and the $50 can be used as a credit toward the $100 application fee if the nonprofit applies for direct legal services. For a Nonprofit Health Check-Up appointment, please call us at 1-866-288-9695.
- Nonprofit Legal Clinic. Wayfind, in partnership with the Nonprofit Assistance Center and King County Bar Association, offers a monthly legal clinic on the 3rd Monday of month. Nonprofits can make an appointment for a one-hour appointment to meet one-on-one with an attorney to legal questions about their nonprofit governance and business law needs. The Nonprofit Legal Clinic is free. For a Nonprofit Legal Clinic appointment, please call us at 1-866-288-9695.
Here’s how your nonprofit or community group can get free legal services.
- Determine if we offer the services for the legal issues you need. See Types of Legal Issues Wayfind Helps With.
- Determine if you qualify for Wayfind services. See our Nonprofit Eligibility Guidelines
- If you need help creating a new nonprofit or getting your 501c3 tax-exempt status: Send us a completed Start-Up Application and $100 non-refundable application fee to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Wayfind, P.O. Box 2134, Seattle, WA 98111.
- If you are already a nonprofit and need legal help: Send us a completed Existing Nonprofit Application and $100 non-refundable application fee to email@example.com or by post to Wayfind, P.O. Box 2134, Seattle, WA 98111.